Covid-19 and Brown Barn Botanicals
We know many of our customers are concerned about the Covid-19 virus. We are too. The health and safety of our customers is always a top priority at Brown Barn. We know your skincare products are important to you and are committed to maintaining transparency with our customers through this important time.
I wanted to share the following with you about our practices.
1. As of April 18, 2021 we are experiencing some difficulty in sourcing some of our most unique, healthy plant-based ingredients. This has caused some waits and delays in restocking. We are doing our best to find alternate sources and, in some limited cases, substitution ingredients. We feel it is best to improve on the quality of our products rather than settle for a lesser ingredient in a rush to fill demand. For this reason, you may find a few items out of stock.
2. Our supplies come from warehouses in the United States. These warehouses have assured us they are taking extra precautions to prohibit the spread of the virus.
3. When supplies arrive we automatically hold them separate from our warehouse for several days before integrating them. Normally this is to give us time to inspect the ingredients and containers, in this case it also served as a resting period to ensure no contamination was introduced.
4. Since mid-December the only people who have entered our lab area are myself, Alyssa (Brown Barn's formulator and my daughter), and my husband Steve. All of us have been fully vaccinated. We are healthy and have been working in the lab for many years. That said, we have increased our sanitization schedule and decreased our time spent in the offices, opting to work from home as much as possible to keep our work area as contained as possible.
5. Your orders are all packed and shipped by us. We are fulfilling orders on Tuesdays and Thursdays in order to allow for minimum lab exposure and also for us to keep up with the demands of the Brown Barn Botanicals farm. This system has worked will through 2020 and we anticipate continuing through 2021.
6. Until we can be assured of 100% safety, no "Pop-Up Shops" will be held at the Brown Barn lab or elsewhere. We also do not participate in farmer's markets or craft fairs because it would require us to haul our products into the public where contamination (of all types) and exposure to heat, dust, and other elements that can degrade the product quality can occur.
We promise you our products go from our lab to you - they are not being hauled out to fairs and markets and then put back on our shelves for shipping. Through 2021 we will continue selling direct to you online and are working hard to bring more value to you this year through the 7 Day Glow podcast, our blog, and other informational downloads.
We feel confident that our products and inventory are safe, clean, and secure. We also feel confident that we are well prepared for whatever comes our way, hopefully that is a clean and safe state with everyone back to normal soon!
You are all part of the Brown Barn family, and we want to wish you and your loved ones well. Our thoughts go out to all those who have been affected in so many ways by this virus, and all the health professionals and caregivers working tirelessly on the front lines.
As always, we are here to help. If you have any questions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founder, Brown Barn Botanicals