A Holistic Approach to Skin Care.
At Brown Barn, we take a holistic approach to skin care. It is our goal to support healthy, authentic, and sustainable practices which celebrate natural beauty achieved by total health and wellness, inside and out.
Holistic skin care addresses skin health by supporting the body’s natural ability to heal. It is rooted in Naturopathic medicine, whose core values are defined as:
The Healing Power of Nature - The belief that the body contains an inherent ability to naturally heal itself.
Identify and Treat the Causes - Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying cause.
First Do No Harm - Utilize the most natural, least invasive and least toxic therapies.
Doctor as Teacher - Educate patients in the steps to achieving and maintaining health.
Treat the Whole Person - View the body as an integrated whole in all its physical and spiritual dimensions.
Prevention - Focus on overall health, wellness and disease prevention.
Brown Barn's Core Principles.
Brown Barn’s core principles align closely with those of Naturopathic Medicine.
- We believe skin disruptions usually stem from multiple origins; that healthy, glowing, vibrant skin can be achieved by naturally supporting the body and spirit’s overall needs - emotionally, environmentally, and physically.
- We believe that the body has an innate ability to heal itself given the right support.
- We believe that there is no place for toxic, invasive, unhealthy ingredients and practices in skin care and overall health.
- We believe that nature contains everything the body needs to support healthy, vibrant skin.
- We believe that as formulators and farmers, we have an obligation to educate about the vibrant, potent ingredients found in nature.
- We believe that an effective skin care regimen focuses on overall wellness and prevention of skin disruptions thru good skin nutrition.
Vibrant health results in a vibrant glow. At the heart of Brown Barn's skin care philosophy lies an overarching belief that the essence of beauty is found in our overall health and wellness.
Beyond creating products featuring flowers and herbs from our own farm, we are committed to customer education. Be sure to follow Brown Barn Botanicals on social media for tips, learning posts, and more!
As always, feel free to reach out via email or phone for support. We are here to help!
Christine Untiedt, Founder, Brown Barn Botanicals