- Vitamin C found in Orange helps reduce dark spots and blemishes
- Fighting free radicals that can speed aging
- Antibacterial properties to fight acne breakouts
- Boosts circulation lending a brighter complexion
- Supports cell growth and collagen synthesis
- Astringent properties that help reduce large pores and firm the skin
- Naturally controls excess oil (sebum)
- Antiseptic properties that help speed healing
It has been our experience in our decade+ of creating and selling skincare and body products that orange essential oil tends to work well for most of our customers and skin types.
One thing to note about using citrus essential oil is that some of these oils (lemon, lime, bergamot to name a few) can cause phototoxicity if applied before going into the sun without use of a sunscreen. Sweet orange seldom results in a sun reaction but regardless - always apply sunscreen before going into the sun.
Be sure to check out our favorite orange essential oil blends. Some are "limited edition" items so snag them now before they are gone for the season!
Christine Untiedt, Founder, Brown Barn Botanicals
Notice: These statements and blog content have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information in our articles are not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and are not intended as medical advice. The content of these blogs and associated products is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using products or following blog advice.