Neroli & Maple AHA/BHA Resurfacing Mask: One Product used Multiple Ways
I’m no different than any other woman – I love skin care products that work but at the same time am often lured off to try other new products and ingredients in my quest for better skin. When I find a product that I’m still interested in and is still effective after years of use, I know I’m using a winner. Brown Barn Botanical’s Neroli & Maple Resurfacing Mask is one of those products!
Neroli & Maple Resurfacing Mask works as a gentle, chemical free exfoliator and spot treatment. It was designed to gently remove dead skin cells and debris in order to pave the way for moisturizers to work more effectively. I’ve found it also works as a “deep cleanser” and I’ve definitely seen an overall better balance in my skin tone and lightening of age spots.
Neroli & Maple Resurfacing Mask is an AHA/BHA mask made with hydroxy acids and salicylic acids naturally found in fruit, maple sugar, and willow bark. It’s 100% natural however it is highly formulated and quite advanced, making it a very effective and fast-acting exfoliating treatment.
The mask is a gel – that means it is not a dry compound you mix with water to form a paste, nor is it a paste in a jar, nor is it a peel-off mask. It is a gel. You smear it on your face, let it dry and wash off.
Here are some of my favorite ways to use this Mask:
– To increase effectiveness cleanse first with an exfoliating facial brush. Loosening debris and dead skin cells will make the mask more effective. On days when you are feeling especially dull or oily use the mask as either a spot treatment to whisk away oily or dull patches or on your entire face for an extra lift.
– Create a weekly spa treatment by cleansing, then exfoliating with Rose Hip & Red Currant Sugar Resurfacing Facial Scrub, follow with Neroli & Maple Resurfacing Mask. (Note: This is a pretty aggressive treatment, be sure you have tested each product on your skin before cocktailing them together.)
– This mask can also be used as a spot treatment or targeted area treatment. Simply dab on, wait up to 30 minutes, rinse. If you want even more action apply a second lay of mask after 10 minutes.
– Blend with facial wash for an exfoliating facial wash, wait five minutes before rinsing off. To Blend: Massage Willow & Iris Purifying Cleanser over dry face then apply a layer of Neroli & Maple Resurfacing Mask. Wait 5 minutes then remove by massaging face with warm water. These products will work together to activate exfoliation.
– Combine with a Facial Steam. Apply a layer of mask while water heats. Remove hot water from stove. Hover over water to enjoy a facial steam – drape a towel over head and shoulders to trap steam. The heat of the steam will help activate the mask and open pores for a deeper cleanse. This is my favorite weekly routine. I add Three Leaf “Steam” botanicals to my water for an aromatherapy boost. I’m a little claustrophobic so usually can only steam for up to 7 minutes, use your best judgement on what is comfortable for you.
– Try wearing a thin layer of mask while working out. The mask dries clear so nobody will know you are cleansing while working out! Body heat and sweat will work with the mask to help detoxify pores as you sweat. Rinse off at the end of your work-out, sweeping away toxins and debris. (Again, wait to use this tip until you are certain your skin can maintain the mask for the length of your workout.)
Thinking creatively about skincare is what makes it fun and effective. Make an effort to incorporate products into your daily life for maximum results.
Carrying toner in your gym bag gives a cooling boost at the end of a work-out, applying mask spot-treatment during your favorite television program, or keeping your face scrub in the shower so you don’t forget to use it all help make skin care a breeze!