Our hands and feet are among the hardest working body parts and are often the most neglected. Taking care of hands and feet will keep them looking their best and healthiest.
My hands and feet really take a beating during the garden season at the farm. Soil and cold water, scratches, stings and burns from weeds can be a real problem. I take time daily for hand and foot care because when my hands and feet are not feeling well it makes my job much harder.
Hand and Foot Care Tips:
1. Wash with a moisturizing soap. Avoid drying liquid soaps and opt for fatty bars or all natural liquid soaps instead. We particularly like soaps made with Goat’s Milk for extra soothing and hydrating properties.
3. Exfoliate and cleanse with a good quality body scrub weekly. Brown Barn’s richly emulsified sugar scrubs work great for hand scrubs. They nourish and scrub at the same time to remove dry skin and help smooth calluses.
4. Use Salve on stubborn rough patches. Salve is thicker than lotion and is made with beeswax to seal moisture in. Brown Barn’s Rejuvenate Salve is especially popular for its soothing ingredients and trauma oil to help speed your way to healthier skin. At night opt for Lavender Salve to help you drift off to sleep.
5. Keep a bottle of body oil by the sink to slather on damp hands after washing. Body Oil will help seal moisture in and protect hands. Brown Barn Body Oils (available in 4oz or 1oz sizes) are also made with luscious essential oil blends that give a dose of aromatherapy with each use. Body Oil is a great investment, it goes a long way and can be used on the body, hands, feet, and even hair. Infused Oils are a Brown Barn specialty with many of the botanicals used in the oils coming from our own farm.
6. Soak weekly in warm water with a bit of body oil or opt for a Peppermint Foot Fizzy. Add Dead Sea Salts for an especially soothing foot bath. Soaking helps loosen debris and draw out toxins from any scratches. Adding infused oil helps soothe skin conditions and soften rough spots. Be sure to towel dry afterwards, your feet will be slippery.
Be sure to check out Brown Barn’s Minty Foot Care Box for a great collection of products specifically suited for hands and feet at a discounted “box” special price.
With regular daily care you will find your hands and feet happy and healthy all year round. Visit us at www.brownbarnskincare.com for all of these great products and more!